- 30g butter
- 1 leek, white part only, thinly sliced
- 1 large sebago potato, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, finely chopped
- 4 cups (1 litre) chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup (60ml) thin cream
- Dill sprigs, to serve
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the leek, potato and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until leek softens.
- Add the wine and bring to the boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 1-2 minutes or until wine reduces by half. Add the asparagus and stock and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until potato and asparagus are tender. Remove from heat. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Transfer the soup to the jug of a blender and blend until smooth. Return to a clean saucepan and place over medium heat and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until heated through. Add the cream and stir to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Ladle soup among serving bowls. Top with dill and serve immediately.
Source: taste.com.auPrint Your Shopping List